This blogging journey has been a very interesting one for me. I love to communicate my thoughts and ideas through writing and by it, I have had a ton of great and wonderful experiences. Though I have just barely scratched the surface of what blogging is all about, I deem it a great honor to be nominated by Bro George of Mendel’s Blog for the Liebster Award; an honor I am very thankful for.
About the Liebster Award
“The Liebster Award originated in Germany. The German word Liebster means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.
In short, this award is given to upcoming promising bloggers who have some worth-reading content and certainly have less than 200 followers as a recognition of their talent and as a way to greet them “welcome”.
This is a small act of inspiration that might change a blogger’s whole point of view. Personally being nominated is a great inspiration to me to tell me to go on with what I am doing and I am grateful.
The Liebster Award is an award for recognition and though you would not get any money, or cup, or medal, or certificate; as a recognition it helps give you a spot-light mark in this crowded blogging-market!
Another thing about this award is that this is a “Pay it forward” award, like a chain-reaction. Once you have accepted the award, you have to search for other bloggers, who are emerging as new buds with some really promising content which you find worth reading. You can accept it, or you can let it go; no harm done…. However, if you want to accept The Liebster Award, you have to follow six simple rules.”
Rules To Follow After Your Liebster Award Nomination
1. Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions that you were given when you were nominated.
3. Nominate 5-11 other bloggers.
4. Write 11 facts about yourself.
5. Ask 11 questions for those you will nominate.
6. Notify the bloggers you nominated when you upload the post.
With that out of the way, let’s get to the questions from Bro George about myself I have to answer.
Question & Answer Time
- What is your view on Christianity today??
Christianity today is not like we read in the book of the Acts of the Apostles. There are a lot of glaring differences from what is in the script and what is acted out by today’s crop. What I have to say to modern Christians is to search out the truth in the Scriptures for ourselves, to decide and to make the effort to live out the Words of the Lord Jesus and not to trustingly swallow up everything we hear or see.
2. What would you say has been your greatest weapon in your Christian walk??
The Scriptures. From a young age the Lord planted a strong desire for His Word in me. I have spent time, over the years studying the Scriptures. The Word I have imbibed in me over the years has been the weapon with which I have received ability from the Holy Spirit to quell off many attacks of the evil one.
3. Which one book did you read that really impacted you or still remember vividly??
This is quite a difficult one because I have many books under my belt… lol, but I would say BREAKTHROUGH by Rudi Lack (of blessed memory) is that one book whose impact is still alive in me up until now. It is about the unrelenting effort of Rudi and his missionary team to take the Gospel to impossible places. It’s a must have for every Christian.
4. Why WordPress, how did you end up blogging??
I got introduced to WordPress by my friend Joseyphina. She is an amazing writer and I love her writings. Through her, I got to know I could also share my thoughts on a blog and that is how it all started.
5. Were you expecting this award or recognition??
Honestly, it never crossed my mind. It came as a surprise to me.
6. Who is your favorite bible character and why??
John the Divine. The Apostle John has a mystery around him. Though he has four books in the New Testament to his credit, little is known about his personal life and ministry unlike the Apostle Paul or Peter. However, he had a very intimate knowledge of the master and his writings reveal how deeply he related with the knowledge of eternal life which Jesus Christ brought. He is my favorite because of the simplicity of his delivery of enormous truths. There’s so much to know about the Lord Jesus by just studying everything ‘John.’
7. What are your hobbies??
Reading, gardening, cooking, and listening to good music are on top of the list
8. What is your take on once saved forever saved??
Christ brings and end to our impossible efforts to overcoming our sinful foundational core. He frees us to live for God and unto righteousness. This begins the process of our perfection into Him. If one is to fall away from the faith even after receiving the Lord, the scripture does not mince words about their end (Hebrews 6:4-6). Once saved, is the beginning of the journey in working out our salvation and sealing it for eternity.
9. Describe yourself in just one word??
10. What is your favorite food??
Rice and every other thing I cook
11. Where do you get your inspiration for blog posts, how do you come up with ideas for posts?
The Holy Spirit inspires all of my writings. A lot of the ideas also come up as a result of everyday situations.
11 Facts About Myself
- I am a trained engineer (Biomedical) but I have an interest in the global financial markets. Wondering why I didn’t just focus on business earlier in life.
- I am a very curious person and I love to find out about many things through reading and asking a lot of questions.
- I love to cook. Trying out new recipes or different ways of doing the same thing is something I love to do.
- I am from Ghana, a peaceful and beautiful country in West Africa.
- I received the Holy Spirit when I was but a teenager and God has done amazing things in my life.
- I love to travel and I hope to go to every country in the world before the Lord returns.
- I have always wondered how it feels to ocean-dive or sky-dive. I know I will be trying them out soon.
- I love to speak and write and to encourage people in the Word.
- I am usually listening to something when I am not at work or engaging people; music, a sermon, a podcast, or audio book. I do this a lot when commuting as well.
- My favorite videos to watch are hunting and fishing videos. Catch, clean and cook videos easily get my attention.
- I love to interact with people of similar interests and talents.
Questions For My Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- How did you come by the name of your blog?
- What inspires your writings?
- Is blogging everything you expected it to be? Or is it different from what you imagined?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- Who inspires you and would you love to meet the person one day?
- Tell us about your favorite movie (or TV series) and why.
- What do you hope to achieve with your blog?
- Have you ever had an out of the world experience; a supernatural encounter as it were?
- Tell us about something you prayed to God about that he answered in the most unexpected or unusual way.
- Describe yourself in three (3) words.
I would like to thank Bro George for making this write-up possible. This nomination is very much appreciated and I hope by this we will get to know the great and wonderful writers and bloggers in our community. To everyone that made the time to read this blog post, thank you and God bless you. See you in the next one. ADIOS!